Here are a few people, places and things that you might find useful or interesting. In no way can I guarantee their 100% awesomeness for you – all I can tell you is that they’ve been 100% awesome for me!
For Photographic Art Lovers (i.e. my clients!)
- Not all print labs are created equal. You’ve had your session and now possess a stunning set of images. When you’re getting them printed, not all retail labs will give you good colour, quality and durability. If you’re after a good lab, my mates at Photo Continental can help you. You can order online and have your prints sent to you too, if you’re not local.
For Keen Photographers
- It’s gotta be one of the most common desires of amateur photographers – “I just want to take better photos of my kids.” Here’s a great e-book to get you going in the right direction.
- Do you have a love/hate relationship with Photoshop? You’ve got the software, and you’ve got the digital images, but how to turn them into works of art? Perhaps you could benefit from using actions. I love Pure Photoshop Actions – simple, subtle and beautiful!
- If you want to learn more about your hobby, and you don’t mind reading, I can highly recommend Scott Kelby’s Digital Photography books. They’re easy to read, and very practical. While we’re talking books, this link takes you to the Book Depository site, where I buy pretty much all of my books – fantastic prices and free shipping worldwide!
For Fellow Bloggers
- Like what you see here? Check out Photocrati for an awesome, easily customisable WordPress theme. I did this all by my little self, so I’m sure you can cook up something great too.
- Want to improve your writing? I’m always checking out the latest over at BrandCamp Blog for great writing tips.
Also, I need to tell you that a couple of these are affiliate links, so they pay me a buck or two if you buy their products based on my recommendations. If you’d rather this didn’t happen, you can head straight to digital-photography-school.com or bookdepository.co.uk and navigate through to what you’re looking for. You won’t regret it either way!